The firm’s principal attorney approaches every case with a strategy carefully tailored to the client’s unique situation.
Whether your loss results from property damage, denial of insurance coverage, a broken promise, lost profits, loss of business opportunity, or any other impairment of rights resulting in economic harm, it is crucial to have an experienced commercial litigation attorney in your corner.
Jason has a well-earned reputation as someone who can easily navigate complex challenges to find practical solutions. The firm represents small and midsize businesses, nonprofits, investors, owners, partners, homeowners, and consumers across multiple industries in a variety of disputes, with a history of achieving positive outcomes for any legal problem.
After choosing our initial firm, we were beginning to lose hope. The recommendation of Wright Commercial Litigation was perfect. Jason was there, he listened, and he provided advice that was infinitely human. He was adept at providing the position of devil’s advocate when necessary, but equally, he made us feel like we had a true champion on our side. We could not have dreamed of a better outcome. The attention to detail, his memory, and his knowledge of the law were superb. We highly recommend his services.
Jason handled my case to my complete satisfaction. He was thorough, professional and provided the right advice. I could not be more pleased.
Hiring Jason for my matter was a no brainer. He has the experience to handle complex business disputes but is also practical and able to resolve matters much more efficiently than most larger firms. My business team and I were thrilled with the result in my matter, and I’m glad to have Jason as a trusted resource going forward.
Jason provided exceptional service and made what could have been an intimidating process an unexpectedly easy one. His clear explanations each step of the way allayed many of our concerns and he helped us feel confident in our case. As a result, we ended up with a settlement that was more than we had expected when we began. Jason was a strong advocate for us and we would not hesitate to recommend his services.
Jason is a terrific litigator that has the pedigree to try large complex cases and the smarts to handle smaller disputes. He's practical and efficient and has a great sense of how to successfully litigate a case to quick settlement or trial. More importantly, he's ethical and honest and someone I can trust to represent myself and my company.
Jason was recommended to us from an old friend who is also a lawyer. From our brief engagement, my wife and I felt he went above and beyond in providing counsel and support as we negotiated a new situation that was causing us concern. He really listened to us, and we felt he understood our concerns and our goals. He was honest in sharing both worst case and best case scenarios. Even after our engagement, he followed up, quickly reviewed correspondence and gave us suggestions. We would definitely recommend Jason Wright to anyone needing legal help and advice.
Jason Wright went above and beyond in handling my case. He is intelligent, motivated, and certainly gets the job done. I would highly recommend him and his firm for future matters.
We are very satisfied with Mr. Jason Wright's legal service, in fact, far exceeding our expectations. We were informed and advised on every aspect of possible outcome before we made a decision to go forward with the lawsuit. Jason and the company gave thorough advice and opinion on all legal aspects and explored all advantageous points for us during the whole process. We highly recommend him and his company's services.
They went up and beyond in helping me win my legal battle with a major corporation. I definitely couldn’t have done it without their help.
Mr. Wright was a wonder from start to finish. Throughout the journey, he not only explained the legal ramifications of how to respond but explained to me how to understand the process and managed my expectations exceptionally well. Should I have any other need for litigation representation, I'll definitely be coming back to Mr. Wright.
Mr. Jason Wright handled all matters in a professional and courteous manner ... was friendly, inciteful and well educated in the litigation process and expedient in addressing the matters at hand. Highly recommended!
I would like to say as a Canadian that had issues in the US your firm was outstanding in resolving the issue. Thanks again Jason! Outstanding!!
Knowing a protracted legal battle can be a costly disruption to your business or personal interests and affairs, the firm regularly offers to work on a hybrid or contingency basis after investigating the merits of a case and always seeks to first reach a negotiated settlement if possible.
When litigation becomes inevitable though, Wright Commercial Litigation is well-equipped to bring its unique preparation, attention to detail, and principled advocacy to bear on your behalf in any venue throughout Texas: state court, federal court, arbitration forum, or beyond.
Experienced Commercial Litigation Counsel Serving Clients in Collin County, Texas, the Dallas-Fort Worth Area, and Beyond
Many commercial disputes involve contract law; however, a business or individual can be financially harmed whenever a counterparty, collaborator, or competitor engages in any type of unreasonable conduct. Wright Commercial Litigation assists clients in a wide range of litigation that can result, including:
- Breach of contract and quantum meruit
- Collection, payment, and refund disputes (including fraudulent transfer)
- Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA)
- Fiduciary breaches (including partnership and LLC agreements)
- Fraud, misrepresentation, and failures to disclose
- Insurance coverage and bad faith denials
- Investment losses (real estate, oil and gas royalties, Texas securities fraud)
- Loss of business opportunity (franchises, distributorships, exclusive dealing)
- Noncompete, non-solicitation, and nondisclosure agreements (NDA)
- Ownership disagreements (including Texas shareholder/minority oppression)
- Property damage due to professional negligence, construction defects, or malpractice
- Tortious interference with business relationships
- Unfair competition and anticompetitive conduct
- Warranty/UCC breaches
Whether you have a routine breach of contract or complex high-stakes multi-party business dispute, Wright Commercial Litigation can represent your interests in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Why You Need an Experienced Dallas-Fort Worth Commercial Contingency Attorney
Jason E. Wright is highly skilled at all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, working hard to ensure the key facts pertaining to your case are fully understood early on within the context of the substantive law to give you the benefit of frank assessments on merit and recovery. Cases are taken on a hybrid or contingency basis if possible, demonstrating the firm’s commitment to superior preparation focused on winning at trial and backing up its evaluation with a true value proposition.
Civil disputes rising to the level of hiring an attorney require a skilled strategist with the foresight to anticipate what is required to win at each step in the litigation process, including:
- Initial case evaluation
- Fact investigation and preservation
- Calculating damages
- Demand letters and statutory notice
- Pre-suit negotiation or mediation
- Potential settlement
- Discovery (depositions, subpoenas, e-discovery, document production)
- Expert witnesses
- Dispositive motions and hearings
- Pretrial preparation
- Motions in limine
- Jury selection
- Post-trial motions
- Post-judgment remedies/collection
- Appeal and oral arguments
Available Remedies and
Damages in Commercial Litigation
Wright Commercial Litigation leverages a network of valuation experts, financial professionals, and industry specialists to conduct thorough damage assessments from the start of an engagement and estimate costs through trial to ensure a client knows what to expect and has the best opportunity to fully recoup all losses (and more).
Depending on the circumstances, a business or individual harmed in a commercial dispute may be entitled to the following remedies:
- Compensatory, actual, or economic damages to recover financial losses incurred as a direct result of breach or a tort, such as “benefit of the bargain” damages, royalties, out-of-pocket costs, diminution in market value, cost of repair, and replacement cost
- Consequential and incidental damages to reimburse special losses incurred as an indirect but foreseeable result of harm, such as lost profits, loss of use, reliance damages, restitution, costs of mitigation, loss of credit or financing, and loss of goodwill
- Liquidated damages is a special form of compensation agreed to in advance by the contract to remedy its breach, which are enforceable to the extent they were a reasonable forecast of loss and not a penalty
- Punitive damages (called exemplary damages in Texas) to punish a defendant for engaging in particularly unfair, unconscionable, egregious, reprehensible, or malicious conduct, and deter others from similar wrongdoing
- Treble damages (or statutory damages) as a multiplied recovery provided by legislation to deter unlawful business misconduct, based on statutes like the DTPA, bad faith insurance denial, usury, and more
- Reformation to correct mistakes in a contract and reflect the true intent of parties, or conform the terms to mandatory requirements of law
- Attorney fees incurred to vindicate your rights may be recoverable under a contract or by law for enforcing an agreement, and for various statutory violations
- Prejudgment interest as compensation for the lost use of money owed as damages, calculated from the date they should have been paid to the award
- Rescission of a contract to return any money paid and place the parties back in the same position as if no contract formed in the first place
- Specific performance requiring a party to perform their obligations under a contract, which is available only when monetary compensation is not an option or insufficient as a remedy (e.g., with real estate, or unique/irreplaceable goods and services)
- Declaratory judgment allows a court to determine the meaning, rights, or status of a contract or other legal relationship when faced with threatened (or existing) breach or other harm
- Injunctive relief, such as a temporary restraining order (TRO), temporary injunction, or permanent injunction to preserve the status quo and prevent loss from occurring
The firm prepares every case to win at trial and be upheld on appeal, but also utilizes alternate forums when available to obtain the most optimal result at least expense to a client. Jason E. Wright has experience with all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, settlement, and arbitration. He has prosecuted and defended claims before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) as well as specialized maritime and consumer organizations, making the firm well-attuned to the unique strategies and approaches needed for success in any forum.
Contact the Firm
Given the time and expense associated with a lawsuit, Wright Commercial Litigation knows the value of providing honest assessments up front to prospective clients. The firm leverages years of experience in diverse industries to hone in on the key facts that matter most to determine potential outcomes and remedies, and typically can decide whether to offer a hybrid or contingency fee after initial discussions (and review of core documents). General consultations are always without charge—before, during, or after engagement—so you never feel pressured in that regard. Contain the firm today for an appointment to discuss the optimal approaches towards resolving your commercial dispute.